Reminder for the General Body and Elections!
Venue: Giant Community Hall (3301 E Trindle Rd, Camp Hill, PA 17011)
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Note: All SMA members with paid membership for 2019 are expected to attend the general body.
SMA Governing Body 2019
On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 11:43 PM SMA Governing Body <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
All,Please read the statement for open positions in Executive board as below.Executive Board – Two positions are open for a period of 2 years starting January 1st, 2020.
Thank You,SMA Governing Body 2019On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 11:30 PM SMA Governing Body <email@example.com> wrote:All,As election planned during the Onam event was cancelled, please find the new date and time for the General Body meeting and election of 2020 SMA Board members.Venue: Giant Community Hall (3301 E Trindle Rd, Camp Hill, PA 17011)Time: 2:00 – 4:00 PMFollowing are the positions opened and other details:SMA Working Committee (Governing Body, Education & Arts Committee and Web Committee) – For a period of 1 year starting January 1st, 2020.
a. Governing Body
1. Education and Arts Committee (1 Chair and maximum 3 members)
2. Web Committee (1 chair and 1 member)
Executive Board – Two positions are open for a period of 2 years starting January 1st, 2020.
The current SMA Board will be active until the end of this year. New Board members will replace those members with expiring terms on January 1st 2020.
A list of current members who are eligible to vote (with paid membership) this year and the list of SMA members qualified for Board positions; i.e., paid members for 2018 & 2019 are attached.Note: Please check the attachment to see your eligibility for voting and for nominations.
Governing Body has appointed the current SMA President Jeeth Yesudas as the Election Officer.
Rules to file nomination for a SMA Board Position as per By-Laws:
· Any SMA member with voting rights who has been a paid member for two consecutive years (current and the immediate past year) shall be a qualified nominee for the SMA Board. The nominee shall be present during the election.
· Nomination for the SMA Board should be proposed and seconded by any SMA member with voting rights.
· In case of more than one candidate to a position, the election officer shall use the voting process to determine the outcome.
· If two or more persons tie for one position, the winner shall be chosen by drawing lots, unless one of the contestants is willing to withdraw.
· If any of the positions of the SMA Board are not filled, the newly elected SMA Board shall have the rights to fill those positions by two-third majority vote of the newly elected SMA Board.
Voting Rights as per By-Laws:
A member must meet the following criteria in order to be called an SMA member with voting rights who is eligible to vote at an SMA meeting:
a. A member must have paid all the dues for the current fiscal year
b. A member must be 18 years or older to vote.
c. One vote is granted for each member over 18 years old and whoever is a member of the family (if it's family membership) listed on the SMA Membership Form.
d. The member must be present to vote at an SMA meeting.
e. To vote in the election for SMA board, a member must have paid all the dues for the current fiscal year, 30 days prior to the date of election.
Our By-laws can be found at:
Thank You,SMA Governing Body 2019